So, you want The Narwhal to publish your opinion piece?
Here’s what you need to know:
The Narwhal publishes opinion editorials that are original, timely and well written. We prioritize submissions from experts and marginalized voices.
- Review The Narwhal’s reporting on relevant topics. We are less likely to publish an op-ed that repeats our current reporting but will on a case-by-case basis consider submissions that complement existing stories.
- Read through our Code of Ethics.
- Limit your submission to a maximum of 750 words.
- Expect edits. If your submission is accepted, our editorial team will work with you to improve a piece of writing for brevity, accuracy and clarity.
- Consider what matters to the public. We exist to help our readers better understand the world.
- Include hyperlinked sources for fact-based claims made in your piece. Like our readers, we want to know where you’re getting your information from.
The Narwhal only accepts submissions for consideration on spec, so we do not accept pitches for opinion pieces. We do not pay for opinion submissions.
Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a short author bio and headshot.
Due to a very large volume of submissions, if you do not hear from us in one week, please feel free to take your submission elsewhere.
Thanks, from The Narwhal.